- They bought a $1 house in Italy. This happened nexton November 13, 2019 at 2:19 am
It seemed like a deal too good to be true. A new house -- and potentially a whole new life -- for sale in sunkissed rural Italy for the princely sum of just one euro, or little over a dollar.
- Venice was already suffering. Then the floods cameon November 14, 2019 at 6:32 pm
Venice's misfortunes never seem to stop.
- Protesters bring parts of Hong Kong to a halton November 13, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Hong Kong was hit with another day of turmoil after a man was shot by a police officer and another set alight following a confrontation with protesters in one of the most dramatic days in over five months of protests. CNN's Paula Hancocks reports from the Chinese University of Hong Kong where protesters appear to be doubling down.
- Israel's military campaign against Islamic Jihad enters second dayon November 14, 2019 at 1:38 am
Twenty-four Palestinians, among them 17 militants and a seven-year-old boy, have been killed by Israeli air strikes in Gaza since fighting began Tuesday morning, according to Palestinian health officials.
- Thousands of birds mysteriously found dead by lakeon November 13, 2019 at 2:37 pm
It's a mystery that has baffled officials in India. What killed more than 2,000 birds near the country's largest inland lake?
- McDonald's paper straws to 'evolve' after customer backlashon November 14, 2019 at 4:04 pm
McDonald's says it is to launch an "evolved" paper straw across Europe following a backlash from customers over its first attempt.
- Barchester lays Hands on £160m Brighterkind homeson November 14, 2019 at 3:06 pm
A portfolio of two dozen care homes that were at the centre of a legal battle involving the financier Guy Hands is on the brink of being sold for £160m.
- Asda chiefs blame Brexit fears for dip in saleson November 14, 2019 at 2:06 pm
Asda bosses have blamed "customer concerns over Brexit" after the supermarket giant saw a drop in sales.
- G4S blacklisted over human rights 'risk'on November 14, 2019 at 1:07 pm
The world's largest sovereign wealth fund has pulled out of UK-listed G4S, claiming the security company poses a risk to its ethical position on human rights.
- Call for 'right to know' law to tackle unequal payon November 14, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Women should have the legal right to know what their male work colleagues earn so they can challenge unequal pay, say campaigners.
- Instagram making likes private for some UK userson November 14, 2019 at 4:01 pm
Instagram is hiding the number of likes on some posts in the UK as part of a global trial to figure out how it can "remove pressure" on users.
- SpaceX enjoys test-fire success - months after launchpad explosionon November 14, 2019 at 10:59 am
SpaceX has finally successfully completed a static test fire of its Crew Dragon spacecraft, following an explosive failure earlier this year.
- Mystery behind interstellar 'buckyballs' revealedon November 14, 2019 at 10:07 am
Scientists believe they understand how mysterious interstellar "buckyballs" - complicated carbon molecules which appear scattered throughout the space between stars - are actually formed.
- Motorola revives Razr flip-phone with foldable screenon November 14, 2019 at 8:24 am
Motorola is relaunching its Razr line of flip-phones, this time with a large foldable inner screen and a smaller screen on the outside.
- Herbal remedies 'interfere with cancer treatment'on November 14, 2019 at 7:37 am
Breast cancer patients using herbal remedies could be doing more harm than good and delaying their recovery, according to a leading breast cancer surgeon.