- Pride at stake for both China and NBA over $4 billion fallouton October 9, 2019 at 2:55 pm
- Iraqi protesters say they have videos of government atrocitieson October 9, 2019 at 3:05 pm
By night, Baghdad's streets are eerily quiet, punctuated with smatterings of gunfire -- be it a single shot or something more sustained and intense.
- Irish PM says he 'sees pathway to deal' on Brexiton October 10, 2019 at 10:51 pm
Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar says he "sees a pathway to a deal" on Brexit following a meeting with UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, and he went on to say he believes the deal could be made by the end of October. CNN's Bianca Nobilo reports.
- Meet the Nobel Peace Prize favoriteson October 10, 2019 at 10:15 am
Greta Thunberg, the 16-year-old climate activist, is widely considered by bookmakers to be the favorite to win the 100th Nobel Peace Prize.
- $800,000 watch stolen from wrist in Parison October 10, 2019 at 4:42 am
A Japanese businessman had a watch worth more than $800,000 seized from his wrist outside a five-star hotel in Paris, police said.
- Pound surges as UK-Irish talks reveal 'pathway' to Brexit dealon October 10, 2019 at 7:25 pm
The pound has risen sharply after Britain and Ireland issued a joint statement saying they "could see a pathway" to a possible Brexit deal.
- UK team propose free trade agreement to end Brexit stalemateon October 10, 2019 at 6:20 pm
Britain is proposing a move towards a "pared-down free trade agreement" to end the Brexit stalemate and get a deal done by the end of October, according to well-placed sources in Brussels.
- 'Think of it as a war': Why getting to net zero won't be easyon October 10, 2019 at 5:22 pm
Say what you like about Extinction Rebellion, thanks partly to them everyone is now talking about climate change.
- Nissan warns no-deal Brexit will be 'unsustainable' for its European businesson October 10, 2019 at 4:17 pm
Nissan has warned that a no-deal Brexit would leave its European business unsustainable, raising concerns over the future of production at its Sunderland plant.
- PM urges bosses to back Brexit compromise dealon October 10, 2019 at 4:03 pm
Downing Street has urged the bosses of Britain's biggest companies to publicly endorse Boris Johnson's Brexit "compromise deal" just three weeks before the UK risks crashing out of the European Union.
- Longer handshakes can trigger anxiety - studyon October 11, 2019 at 1:05 am
Handshakes lasting more than three seconds can trigger anxiety, according to a study.
- Let us cry over nature's destruction, scientists sayon October 10, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Scientists have made a public appeal to be "allowed to cry" to get over the emotional trauma of witnessing nature's destruction.
- Britain's first moon rover to blast off in 2021on October 10, 2019 at 12:41 pm
The UK's first moon rover - and the world's smallest - will blast off into space in 2021, it has been announced.
- Apple pulls app that tracked Hong Kong policeon October 10, 2019 at 11:29 am
Apple has removed an app that Hong Kong protesters have used to track police movement, following pressure from China.
- Revealed: The UK city with the fastest broadbandon October 10, 2019 at 9:25 am
Hull has the fastest internet connection in the UK after announcing it has city-wide full fibre broadband coverage.